Brute Force Group, LLC
Data privacy is important to Brute Force Group, LLC including affiliates (“Brute Force”). This Privacy Notice ("Privacy Notice") explains how information is collected, used, and disclosed by Brute Force, and applies to information collected when you use or access our online or mobile websites (such as https://bruteforcetraining.com/), when you attend a Brute Force event, or interact with us in any capacity.
We respect the privacy rights of our customers and vendors and recognize the importance of protecting information collected about you. If you use the Brute Force services as part of an entity or organization that has an agreement with Brute Force (like your employer, university, or organization), the terms of that organization’s contract for the Brute Force services may restrict our collection or use of your information more than what is described in this Privacy Notice.
Please read the following carefully to understand how we will collect use and maintain your personal information. It also describes your choices regarding use, access collection and storage of your personal information.
Changes to This Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. If we make any changes, we will notify you by revising the "Last Updated" date at the top of this Privacy Notice and, in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice (such as adding a statement to our homepage or sending you an email notification). If there are material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will notify you more directly by email or means of a notice on the home page prior to the change becoming effective.
We encourage you to review our Privacy Notice whenever you access the Brute Force services to stay informed about our information practices and the ways you can help protect your privacy.
If you disagree with any changes to this Privacy Notice and do not wish your information to be subject to the revised Privacy Notice, you will need to deactivate with us and stop using the Brute Force service. Your use of any of the Brute Force services after the posting of such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
We may collect certain user information (including personal information and/or sensitive personal information) in the following ways:
Information You Provide To Us. We collect information you provide directly to us including when you visit one of our websites, register for, and/or use one of the Brute Force services.
- For example, we collect information when you register with Brute Force for an account, create or modify your profile and online account, access and use the Brute Force services (including but not limited to when you upload, download, collaborate on or share files or other information), participate in any interactive features of the Brute Force service, participate in a survey, contest, promotion, sweepstakes, activity or event, make a purchase, apply for a job, request customer support, or communicate with us via third-party social media sites
- The types of information we may collect directly from you include your name, username, email address, your picture, postal address, phone number, information about your data storage preferences, employer’s name, job title, transactional information (including services purchased or subscribed to and billing address and payment information) as well as any contact or other information you choose to provide. Please be aware that the information you choose to provide in your Brute Force profile may reveal or identify information that is not expressly stated (for example, if you choose to provide your picture, your picture may reveal your gender. We also store the files or other information that you upload or provide to Brute Force ("Content") in order to be able to provide you with the features and functionality of the Brute Force services.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you access or use Brute Force services, we may automatically collect information about you, including:
- Usage Information: We monitor user activity in connection with visits to the Brute Force website.
- Log Information: We log information about you when you access and use the Brute Force website including your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, access times, browser type and language, Internet Service Provider ("ISP"), the Web pages that you visit, the Content you use and the URL of the Web page you visited before navigating to the Brute Force website.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We (including services providers who are working on our behalf) use various technologies to collect information, which may include saving cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve Brute Force services and your experience, customize your experience and preferences, allow you to access and use Brute Force services without re-entering your member ID and/or password, understand which areas and features of the Brute Force services are most popular and count user visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as "tracking pixels"). Web beacons are electronic images (also called "gifs") that may be used in Brute Force services or in emails that help us to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, please refer to your personal server or contact us.
- Advertising Cookies: We partner with third parties to manage our advertising on other websites, or social media sites. Our third parties may use tracking technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this website and other websites you visit in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests.
Please note that opting-out will only prevent targeted ads so you may continue to see generic (non-targeted ads) after you opt-out.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from third parties and combine that with information we collect through the Brute Force website. For example, we may have access to certain information from a third-party social media site if you provide us with access to information from that site. Any access that we may have to such information from a third-party social media services is in accordance with the privacy notice and authorization procedures determined by the social media service.
Use of Information
We may use the information collected through Brute Force services for the limited purpose of providing Brute Force services and related functionality and services for which Brute Force has been engaged. The information may be used to perform a variety of purposes, including to:
- Provide, operate, maintain and improve the Brute Force website and product brand;
- Enable you to access and use the Brute Force website;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Provide and deliver the services and features you request, process and complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide customer services and support;
- Communicate with you about services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, promotions, contests and events, and provide other news or information about Brute Force, and our select partners;
- Process and deliver contest or sweepstakes entries and rewards;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Brute Force website and for marketing or advertising purposes;
- Investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to the Brute Force website, and other illegal activities;
- Link or combine with other information we receive from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with a better online experience; and
- For other purposes about which we shall notify you.
By accessing or using the Brute Force website and payment processing system or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries and territories, which may have different privacy laws from your country of residence.
Sharing and Disclosure of Information
We will not share personal information about you or any Content with any third parties except as described in this Privacy Notice. For example, we may share personal information about you including as follows:
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Services Providers: We may share your information with third-party vendors, consultants and other services providers who are working on our behalf and require access to your information to carry out that work, such as to process billing, provide customer support, etc. These services providers are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide services to Brute Force.
- Compliance with Laws: We may disclose your information to a third party if (a) we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (b) to enforce our agreements, policies and Terms of services, (c) to protect the security or integrity of the Brute Force website, (d) to protect Brute Force, our customers or the public from harm or illegal activities, (e) to respond to an emergency which we believe in the good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person or (f) to any other third party with your prior consent.
- Business Transfers:We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Aggregated or Anonymized Data: We may also share aggregated or anonymized information with third parties that do not directly identify you.
Collaboration and Sharing Features
The Brute Force website and processing systems offers collaboration features or other integrated tools, which allow you to share your Content through the Brute Force website.
While no services are completely secure, Brute Force takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Sensitive information such as credit card number and password that we request from you on the Brute Force services is protected with encryption during transmission over the Internet.
The servers on which personal information is stored are kept in a controlled environment with limited access. While we take reasonable efforts to guard personal information we knowingly collect directly from you, no security system is impenetrable. In addition, we cannot guarantee that any passively-collected personal information you choose to include in documents you store on our systems are maintained at levels of protection to meet specific needs or obligations you may have relating to that information.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
We will retain personal data we process on behalf of our customers as directed by paying customers. Brute Force will retain this personal information as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements.
Promotional and Newsletter Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional and newsletter emails from Brute Force by following the opt-out instructions provided in those emails.
Cookies: Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies or to prompt you before accepting such a cookie. Please note that, if you choose to remove or reject browser cookies, this could affect the availability or functionality of the Brute Force website.
California Residents: Under California law, California Residents who have an established business relationship with Brute Force may choose to opt out of Brute Force’s disclosure of personal information about them to third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you choose to opt-out at any time after granting approval, you can contact us.
Social Media Features and Widgets
The Brute Force website may include social media features. These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our website, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on a Brute Force server. The privacy notice of the company providing it governs your interactions with these features.
Community Forums and Blogs
Our website offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas might be read, collected, and used by others who access them.
To request removal of your personal information from our blog or testimonials, contact us at the email address listed above. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our website in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name.
Links to Third Party Websites
We may place links on the Brute Force website. When you click on a link to a third party website from our website, your activity and use on the linked website is governed by that website’s policies, not by those of Brute Force. We encourage you to visit their websites and review their privacy and user policies.
Our Policy Toward Children
The Brute Force website, and products sold, are not directed to individuals under thirteen (13) years old. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under thirteen (13) years old. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us. If we become aware that a child under thirteen (13) years old has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information and cancel the order placed.
Brute Force Group, LLC
5450 Wadsworth Bypass, Unit B
Arvada, CO 80002
Any questions about this Privacy Notice should be addressed by contacting us.